Finding that perfect one has always been fraught with so many trials and tribulations, all of which make the final goal so much more worth it. From the many matchmaking services available out there to the dating game itself, you have so many options open to you now and, with that, so many more potential relationship choices. How then do you decide whether or not someone is the person that you want to spend the rest of your life with and what are the signs?
- Chemistry and personality are important and, while this may seem like a cliche, it really can’t be stressed enough. If you’re going to be spending the rest of your life with this person, then you need to feel comfortable in each others company. This also means that you need to understand the difference between ‘settling’ for someone and making compromises, as with settling you’re simply resigning yourself to the relationship half-heartedly, but compromising is a shared mutual partnership together.
- Being attracted to one another is important, and far more important than people like to give it credit for. On the one hand, you don’t want to be in a relationship solely for the physical chemistry, as this obviously wouldn’t have any lasting value. Needing to connect with somebody on an intimate level is essential, though, and this is something that happens from the surface right down to the core.
- Although compromises may have been mentioned earlier, the tastes and values you both hold are also going to come into play. While you may be able to overlook a partner for his/her different taste in song/movie and other choices here and there, generally having things in common is a necessity. If you’re planning to spend the rest of your life with this person, then you’re going to need to have something to talk about.
- Everybody needs to argue sometimes, but don’t fall into the trap of thinking simply because you aren’t arguing, there’s something amiss. A relationship doesn’t need to be an emotional roller coaster, not by any standard. You both need to bring out the best in each other, not the worst.
- Which ‘type’ do you constantly find yourself dating? Do you find that you are constantly in relationships with more outgoing personalities, only to find that the relationship falls apart fairly quickly? Well, maybe try something different and mix it up. Go out with someone a little more introspective and see if that works. You really can’t just settle when you have yourself fixed on one set personality, as your ‘fantasy’ partner is often just that; a fantasy.
- Income, jobs and employment generally are things that will rear their head, and this is something that you’ll need to juggle alongside your relationship. Coming back to compromises, you need to find an arrangement that you’re both happy with.
- Lastly, how are you both going to be spending your time together? An explosive romance filled with love and passion might be great, but how do you see both of you in twenty/thirty years time? Romance is fleeting, but true love can last forever.
There may seem to be a lot to factor in when it comes to dating and finding your ideal match, but it’s not impossible and definitely worth it. With the help of either matchmaking services, or just some good old fashioned socializing, it can be done. So many others have met their perfect partners and you can too, as all you need to do is know where and how to look.